MV Transportation is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. Successful applicant will provide day-to-day oversight of all human resources activities. This person is responsible for the processing of benefit enrollments, including resolving eligibility and enrollment issues and is the first-level contact for the resolution of claim issues. Acts as the employees contact for all benefits-related activities and coordinates with the corporate benefits team to ensure proper delivery of all benefits offerings.
Additional duties include:
- Review disciplinary and termination documentation to ensure that proper procedure was properly documented and followed.
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources with emphasis in Employee Relations and union matters. Must have experience in investigating and documenting Title VII, Harassment, Sexual Harassment and EEO Claims.
- Ensure that proper employment procedures are being followed (Handbook and/or CBA) at operating location.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are communicated and being followed; respond to questions as needed.
- Assist with manager and employee development training as necessary.
- Administer all employee benefits and handle open enrollment.
- Work with the divisional administration staff to meet recruiting, new hires, increases, etc. is being completed and submitted for processing in a timely manner.
- Candidate must possess a B.A. or B.S. degree in a related field of study.
- Labor experience with emphasize employee relations, including investigations and performance management are a must.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of recent (within the last five (5) years) and relevant experience managing in their field of expertise at a transit bus property similar in scope, size, and complexity.
- Two (2) + years Labor/Union experience.
- Must possess strong computer skills (MS Suite).
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have exceptional skills in an hourly employee-based environment.
- Must have had HR leadership with a large number of employees with various shifts.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.