Job Summary: Provide support to the Human Resources department, ensuring data integrity, as well as compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
Under direction, responsible for carrying out various HR programs and procedures for employees at the location. This position executes day-to-day Human Resources operations and serves as support for the employees. Support may be provided in-person, by phone, and/or via email.
- Recruiting of hourly positions.
- Manages the pre-employment process including E-Verify, background checks on candidates, etc.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and follows up all new hire paperwork is completed.
- Ensure legal compliance of Local, State and Federal laws by monitoring and maintaining records as required.
- Responsible for accurate, complete and timely employee data through data entry and/or completion of the appropriate standard forms or HRIS/ ATS transactions. Updates may relate to new hires, terminations, employee job changes, leave activity, department or work location changes, changes in pay, etc.
- Perform daily audit of employee time and attendance records to ensure accurate payroll data is processed to payroll team during the defined pay period cycle(s). Follow all established wage & hour compliance controls and corporate governance requirements.
- Support local and national initiatives leveraging Readerlink change management methodology.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of personnel files for current and former employees, ensuring compliance with internal document retention standards and external government regulations.
- Manage employee information such as personal data, attendance, and termination data.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Administers local recognition programs and employee related activities.
- Support internal and external compliance audits.
- Adhere to the Readerlink policies and actively apply the company's Values.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Functions :
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-years previous experience in an HR support role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with HRIS and HR Time Keeping Systems preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Physical Requirements :
- Working understanding and/or knowledge of Recruiting
- Working understanding and/or knowledge of Benefit Administration
- Working understanding and/or knowledge of Payroll
- Working understanding and/or knowledge of Employee and Labor Relations
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
Language Skills :
- Must be able to sit for 5 hours per day
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching and/or typing
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, and handle or feel objects
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to write routine reports
- Spanish proficiency is desirable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in an office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.