Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Goodwill SoCal seeks a full-time Human Resources Assistant to join our collaborative team in Los Angeles. The assistant provides excellent customer service and human resource support to internal and external customers who rely on the human resources services in the day-to-day operation of Goodwill. The Assistant also provides administrative and technical support across the department including HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Records and Compliance, Recruitment and Learning and Development functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Education & ExperienceMinimum of 1 - 2 years of administrative support experience required.2 years of Human Resources experience preferred.Associate's degree or equivalent completed coursework from a two-year college with an emphasis in Human Resources preferred.HRIS, preferably in a SaaS environmentMicrosoft Office Suite experienceInternet savvy; ability to research efficientlyRequired to travel once a week (less than 25% of the time); Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance.Shift flexibility and overtime when needed.Ability to handle confidential information. Ability to work without supervision.Non-profit experience preferred.Spanish / English bilingual required.
- Provides administrative support across multiple HR business units in a fast-paced environment; Facilitates and helps implement key HR initiatives, projects and programs.
- Greets incoming visitors, applicants and employees, and serve as the front line HR customer service representative for both internal and external customers.
- Prepares and processes high-volume personnel actions such as new hires, rehires, promotions, transfers and terminations, etc.
- Utilizes HRIS systems to research issues and provide data to HR Directors and clients.
- Prepares offer letters, conduct reference checks, and other pre-employment documentation.
- Responsible for employee on-boarding, including processing all new hire paperwork, conducting new hire orientations, and ensuring all new hire information is collected and entered accurately and timely in HRIS system.
- Prepares and issue paperwork for terminations including exit interview data management and collection, as needed.
- Responds to unemployment claims and verification of employment requests.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Conducts research, assembles and analyses data to prepare reports and documents.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings and events.
- Liaises with internal staff at all levels and external stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assists with the design and maintenance of the electronic personnel file system.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests from clients timely and professionally.
- Coordinates project-based work.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
Other details Job Family Human Resources Pay Type Hourly Apply Now