Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The HRGC/HRMS Chemist will analyze environmental samples for dioxin/furan, polychlorinated biphenyl, pesticide and/or polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins' Quality Assurance programs and Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Show regular attendance and punctuality
- Perform job functions in compliance with Eurofins Environment Testing's EHS and QA standards
- Apply GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Take responsibility for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Learn to use the Laboratory Information Management System to access sample backlogs, schedule work, record essential data and information, calculate results and report client data
- Work with associates in scheduling tasks in a manner that is timely, efficient and productive
- Assist in development of new techniques and products as needed
- Perform routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Analyze samples using High Resolution Gas Chromatography/High Resolution Mass Spectrometry including triple quadrupole, mass sector, and/or QTOF instrumentation
- Perform routine instrument maintenance
- Prepare spiking and reagent solutions as needed
- Use experiential knowledge to improve current processes
- Develop, enhance, and validate new preparation and analysis methods
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner as an active participant in EHS programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and teamwork. The successful candidate will work with management to maximize efficiency and profitability.Work Schedules:
Work schedules are generally Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM with a half hour lunch break. Overtime is offered and may be expected when needed to meet work load demands.QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Desirable Skills and Ability:
- Education/Experience: BS or BA in chemistry or related field or attending college for a degree.
- A minimum of five years chromatography experience is required, with two years HRMS experience.
- Advanced degrees in analytical chemistry and/or chromatography may substitute for extensive work history.
- An understanding of laboratory safety and quality protocols is needed.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems is valuable.
- Previous production-oriented work desirable (awareness and ability to meet deadlines).
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction or sponsorship.
- Reading, writing and speaking skills
- Use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Computer skills, such as word processing, using spreadsheets
- Problem solving skills
- Team participation and meeting management skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Complete work within time and quality constraints
- Work independently following written or verbal instructions
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Knoxville, TN are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
This job has expired.