MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients (high net worth). We offer specialized solutions and services covering a wide spectrum of business needs and exposures. Our goal is to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
What can you expect?
The HR Generalist administers HR policies and programs with emphasis on the benefits, staffing and payroll areas. In addition, the position works closely with the HR Director and apart of a collaborative team in implementing and evaluating ongoing HR programs, functions and activities to maintain a positive and dynamic colleague experience.
What is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- Competitive compensation program
- Complete benefits package for you, your spouse, domestic partner and dependents
- A defined career path included with training, development opportunities and mentorships
- Collaborative team environment
- A firm that is committed to core values
- Inclusive culture
What you need to have:
- Serve as HR liaison between Employees and Management on all HR related issues.
- Assist in researching and answering on daily inquiries from employees and managers on policies, payroll, benefits and other staff related matters.
- Constructively evaluate current practices and offers innovative approaches for improvement.
- Administer benefit programs including enrollment, change reporting, invoice audits, communicating benefit information to employees and facilitating Open Enrollment and payroll deductions.
- Serve as primary contact with benefit providers and third party administrators of COBRA, FMLA and other benefits.
- Administer all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll activities including employment verifications.
- Ensure that job descriptions, applicant databases and systems.
- Assist with recruitment, selection, interviewing and pre-employment processing of new hires.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation and Onboarding including benefit and payroll introduction, set-up in all systems, and enrolling in all applicable benefit coverages
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System to obtain, store, and analyze pertinent data and information.
- Coordinate processing activities for terminated employees (term packets, exit interview preparation
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or closely related field
- 2-4 years experience working in Human Resources role
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience in presentations and trainings
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive, helpful attitude, excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Effectively multi-task in a fast pace environment and demonstrates solid performance under pressure and tight deadlines
- SHRM-CP certification preferred and required for advancement
- High level of initiative and personal motivation
- Creative thinking for improved procedures and innovative programs
- A strong foundation in general Human Resources practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to Agency values including Integrity, Collaboration, Passion, Innovation and Accountability