As a member of the corporate Human Resources team, the Co-Op or assignee will provide support across various HR centers of expertise (COEs) related to employee communications. The Co-op or assignee will work closely with HR COE leaders and HR business partners to construct employee communications in a variety of formats. Additionally, he/she will research, recommend and execute an approach for sharing information within HR and with the company's people managers. This work is ideal for a candidate who is studying or has experience with internal communications and wants to learn more about how this is applied within the HR function of an organization.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Plan, organize and execute communication plans
- Draft messages and other forms of communication such as e-mails, process documents, training, and presentation decks for various internal audiences.
- Research and recommend an approach for the sharing of information across HR as well as for sharing HR process information with Novelis' people managers
- Coordinate with stakeholders within HR COEs such as rewards, HRIS, payroll, benefits, and talent to gather necessary details and gain endorsement for communications
- Recommend and create communications using various forms of communication media to effectively share messaging.
- Support the development of materials and content on internal websites, to include designing, posting and updating content in a user-friendly and visually appealing manner.
- Ensure communications are effective for global audiences as required.
- Creates and manages benefits communication for open enrollment and new hire onboarding for US employees
- Update Jellyvision (aka Alex) and other vendor partners who support benefit communication and experience
- Create communication to allow a smooth transition into retirement, creating the type 1 experience
- Undergraduate 3rd or 4th year is desired, interested in a 6 month co-op assignment or candidate interested in 6 month contract assignment.
- Capability to thrive in team environment, communicate well, and to engage and influence cross-functional teams.
- Experience in developing communication plans and crafting messages/documents in various forms and with different communication media.
- Experience building and/or updating web-based content.
- Interest in learning about the application of communications within the HR function.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work without the need for detailed guidance.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on quality and accuracy of information.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.