Judge Healthcare is seeking 5 REMOTE HEDIS Abstractor- Medical Assistant ASAP!
Title: Remote Hedis Abstractor - Medical Assistant
Number of Openings: 5
Type of Engagement: Contract (6 months)
Rate: Competitive and Dependent on Experience
Must have qualifications/experience:
- Candidate will work with the HEDIS team to collect member records and conduct reviews of these records by contacting providers and placing the results collected into a specific data base.
- This candidate will be required to handle a high volume of telephonic interaction with provider offices.
- Candidates must follow up on requested medical records with providers. Must keep excellent documentation of research and contact information.
- Candidate must pass a medical record abstraction test prior to starting actual record reviews.
- This is a high production environment and candidates must adhere to measured productivity requirements, module testing and at times retesting to meet minimum requirements.
- Sharing of department responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be flexible and willing to develop and share strategies to accomplish goals.
- Required to perform research on internal claims systems.
- Work under the supervision of internal staff and designated lead in order to achieve goals and keep the project moving.
- Reviews require data analysis and research within the data systems.
- Candidates must have critical thinking skills as they will conduct research in a thoughtful and methodical search in order to locate specific claim information.
- Research includes all resources provided in order to find best information.
- Examples of deep dive research would be based on specific platforms (i.e. Immunization registries, local claims system membership and defaulted claim information).
- Candidates must have excellent skill set to read and interpret physician handwriting.
- Requires a Medical Assistant certification with an AS (Associate in Science) degree and/or has worked as office manager/ admin to a medical office and or assistant to physician and nurses in reviewing of medical records, applying codes for billing/claims, processing files and submitting to insurance or other requested agencies.
- Must understand medical terminology.
- Works under the direction of a HEDIS Lead as a crossover position from abstractor to researcher.
- Candidates must have prior experience with research and either HEDIS measures or auditing data submitted as claims.
- Candidates must have computer skills and analysis capabilities in order to navigate CPT4 code and ICD9 and ICD10 DX based on HEDIS Technical Specification requirements.
- Candidates must have an understanding of codes for services based on diagnosis and procedure.
- They must be research and detail oriented with the tenacity to find claim specific data for a specific measure within a given period of time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office is required. Requires effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates must have basic Excel skills and must have the ability to type 30-40 WPM.
- Prior HEDIS experience a plus.
- Regular business hours M-Fri 8-5
Please send your resume to Dominique DeMarco - DDeMarco2@judge.com for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from and working with you.
The Judge GroupContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.