Description - External
University of Iowa Community Clinics (UICC) provides comprehensive care to the Iowa City community and beyond. With community clinics, including Quick Cares and Urgent Care, in the Sioux City, Bettendorf, Muscatine, Riverside, and Iowa City corridor, UICC is home to providers and staff that provide comprehensive care outside of the hospital setting and give the community a sense of care whenever they need it most.
This position provides leadership in the coordination and administration of clinical operations, teaching and research within the defined offsite clinics: Sioux City Family Medicine, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. This will be accomplished by planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating functions of our clinical services as well as trainee and research activities. This position works in collaboration with the UICC leadership, Medical Director, site nursing leaders and care providers to deliver efficient and safe patient care and to optimize efficiencies in the healthcare delivery process. This position works with administrative, research and teaching teams to obtain and allocate resources effectively. This position creates and analyzes reports and dashboards as needed.This position collaborates with the UI PAC, PFS, HCIS, HR, Strategic Planning, Physician Relations, Marketing, Department Administrators, DEO's, Graduate Medicine Education and other stakeholders to enhance care options and access for UI Health Care patients. Responsible for the development and design of business processes related to patient care/clinical programs, including scheduling, reception and billing operations. This position develops new and monitors existing reporting tools to evaluate workflow, staff performance, and system performance in scheduling and visit management.
- In partnership with UI Healthcare HR; hire, develop, and manage the performance of staff. Sit on search committees for open positions and have input on new hire making decisions. Develop and supervise the lead front line staff and lead nurse in each clinic.
- Builds trust with staff by demonstrating through evidence that staff issues are resolved in a timely and unbiased manner; provides rationale for decisions; counsel's employees as warranted; documents employee counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Recognizes with relevant recognition of effort, performance, achievement and tenure.
- Provide functional and administrative supervision to subordinate administrative personnel
- Assure that staff is compliant with UI policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze scheduling data to ensure provider access is optimized
- Assist with prepare and monitor annual budgets in cooperation with administrative personnel in the clinics, medical directors and clinical departments. Assimilate, analyze, interpret data and prepare special and periodic operational and fiscal reports.
- Develop business plans related to new patient care initiatives.
- Review the revenue cycle, focus on write-off and denials. Implement appropriate changes on front end.
- Review clinic visits and make changes to ensure budget targets are being met.
- Prepare (and as called upon) present special and periodic operational and fiscal reports.
- Reviews accuracy and completion of payments posted and bring discrepancies to the attention of UI Clinical Outreach, and Department.
- Manage, coordinate, and direct the scheduling and visit management support services.
- Helps facilitate credentialing efforts as necessary for off-site locations.
- Lead activities related to Epic and Epic upgrades.
- Manage, coordinate, and direct guided scheduling and algorithm build for scheduling efficiencies.
- Collaborate with many departments at UI Healthcare including but not limited to: leadership teams in each department, PFS, HCIS Epic teams as well as many others.
- Review patient satisfaction results and implement appropriate changes/improvements. Provide education to nurses/physicians as necessary.
- Respond to patient complaints in conjunction with the office of patient relations
- Review and monitor department compliance with accreditation standards (JACHO, CLIA) and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review and respond to Patient Safety Net submissions as necessary.
- Identify trends and determine QA priorities in conjunction with lead nurse and Medical Director.
- Evaluate physician scheduling templates and generate and implement recommendations to improve patient flow, decrease patient wait time, and improve physician and staff efficiency
- Analyze clinic operating practices such as record keeping systems, cash collection, appointment reminder systems, and facilitate revisions and/or establishment of new systems, policy, and procedures.
- Collect, analyze, and format data in order to prepare a variety of reports to validate the cost effectiveness and operating efficiency of clinic operations and productivity.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs, projects and computerized systems with hospital-wide impact.
- Optimize workflow and efficiencies in clinic by ensuring all staff are practicing at the top of their scope/license
- Participates in expediting resolution of patient complaints or concerns
- Reviews patient satisfaction reports at least monthly with leadership, key stakeholders; providers and staff. Identifies recurring issues and develops improvement plan.
- Participate in the development of the offsite strategic plan.
- Contact and serve as liaison to UIHC patient care support areas, appropriate individuals in the College of Medicine, Patient Fiscal Services, Department Administrators and DEO, Joint Office of Compliance, Strategic Planning and Physician relations, Marketing and Communications of the Clinical Enterprise.
- Serve as a liaison between clinic & hospital staff at various levels.
- Patient and Visitor Service-Understand and work to support the mission of the organization, respect patient's rights, demonstrate respect and courtesy when communicating and assist patients and visitors.
- Productivity/Quality- Show attention to detail and thoroughness, demonstrate attention to resource utilization, prioritize and complete work assignments on time, and maintain quality standards within job functions.
- Dependability/Reliability- Comply with the Code of Ethical Behavior, hospital and departmental policies; comply with scheduled work hours, and personal dress requirements.
- Communication Skills- Communicate in a clear, efficient, and effective manner, follow established lines of communication, and follow confidentiality procedures.
- Teamwork/Collaboration- Work in a helpful and cooperative manner, adapt to the changing work environment and contribute to departmental success.
- Self-Development- Demonstrate a continuous learning approach to work, participate in organizational and departmental meetings, seek and share expertise on best practices, and develop knowledge and skills through cross training.
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa? click here
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume and plain text cover letter
that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Typically 3-5 years administrative experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer spreadsheet and database applications.
- Valid US driver's license and ability to meet University of Iowa Risk Management driving requirements.
- A Master's degree in business, healthcare or higher education administration.
- Knowledge of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Commitment to customer and employee satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to facilitate positive outcomes by collaborating and working in a team environment, establishing and meeting/exceeding department objectives and deadlines.
- Classification Title: HC Svcs Supv/ Assistant Mgr
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Laura Dooley
- Contact Email: email@example.com