The Carlyle Group seeks an Information Technology professional with strong team management, business analysis and leadership skills. The candidate must have Agile development experience in delivering complex technology solutions within the financial domain.
The candidate will lead technology development efforts for the GPE deal monitoring team which entails direct management of internal and external development resources. This professional will also oversee and support the CPE investment system of truth in addition to the applications responsible for the quarterly valuation models. This lead will also work closely with other Carlyle teams, internal clients, and contractors throughout the entire SDLC. The Lead will be responsible for ensuring production support issues are addressed and remediated with detailed root cause analysis to prevent repeated issues.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
- Manage, mentor and train development and testing resources; perform code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards
- Analyse and research technical issues, and identify alternative solutions and recommendations, and contribute to the platform's technical architecture
- Innovation - Identify strategic capabilities and quantify the impact of deploying new processes and technologies
- Work with other Carlyle project teams to establish and improve best practices and documentation standards
Education and Certifications:
- 2+ years of managing technology staff
- 5+ years of experience using Agile methods
- 3+ years of experience preferred in both software development, development management and/or project management experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting financial services/accounting functions
- Ability to identify approaches, risks, mitigation strategies to meet client/functional requirements
- Candidate must have a strong technical aptitude. Strong analytical and time management skills are a must, as is the ability to work at his/her own direction and balance competing priorities and customer needs
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to exemplary customer service
Position-Specific Technical Requirements:
- Bachelors from an accredited school
- Major or emphasis in computing or quantitative discipline, or equivalent, preferred
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Highly proficiency in C#, SQL (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Power BI experience is preferred
- Private Equity or Asset Management experience.
- Experience writing technical documentation (design documents, architecture diagrams, etc.)
- Experience performing Code Reviews
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $325 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 498 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."