Be the Strategy Behind the Game.
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee our Wrigley Field Retail Sportsbook. The General Manager will lead all pre-opening and post-opening responsibilities of our retail sportsbook at Wrigley Field in Illinois. This leader will be responsible for driving customer service, team member engagement, and revenue. The General Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations, have P&L ownership, support/coordinate relevant compliance projects, analyze BI data, establish goals and initiatives, and conduct on-site staff training.
What You'll do as a General Manager, Retail Sportsbook:
What You'll Bring:
- Oversee all on-site retail operational activities pre- and post-opening, ensuring alignment with DraftKings brand and service standards.
- Drive and ensure full compliance of internal control standards (ICS), standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage cash operations to ensure vault opening, closing, and balancing procedures are completed and within operational limits.
- Monitor and own all technical and operational incidents affecting the platform, product, and hardware to ensure timely resolution and proper reporting to stakeholders in partnership with Corporate IT.
- Proactively identify issues and partner closely with Customer Experience, Compliance, Accounting, and Security to resolve escalated player complaints and operational issues.
- Locally manage emergency situations, power outages, and other sensitive issues involving threats and acts of violence, theft, harassment, and other workplace safety issues. Timely escalation of these events is critical.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with third-party providers, partners, vendors, and regulators.
- Assist in the development, on-going completion and execution for all required training including but not limited to New Hire, Anti-Money Laundering, Responsible Gaming (RG) compliance, self-exclusion programs and corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare budgets and operating plans, and evaluate the performance of the operations including financial performance to company executives.
- Partner with leadership for execution of special on-site events.
- Shape the working environment and framework to define success and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead and mentor a team of 30+ direct/indirect reports.
Who are we a good fit for?
- At least 10 years in a managerial role or higher. Gaming experience is a plus.
- Previous experience managing at least 30 direct/indirect reports.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Strong working knowledge of instate and federal regulatory and compliance sectors.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required gaming licenses.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, and SaaS applications.
- Experience in performance risk analysis, issue management, and change management.
- Passion for creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to successfully manage third party and customer relationships.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation.
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.We are DraftKings.
We're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what's next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We're a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.Join Us!
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.Ready to build what's next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
This job has expired.