Front Desk Agent, $17.00+/hour
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
The Big Sur Lodge has both Seasonal and Year-round openings!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K matching
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
This position pays $17.00-20.00/hour.
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Front Desk Agent must have the ability to perform all desk attendant functions including checking guests and vendors in and out, reservations, and switchboard. Must have strong customer services skills.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
- Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
- Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in customers as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
- Register and assign rooms to guests.
- Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
- Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
- Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Responds to guest inquiries.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refer the matter to the management.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Ability to sit at a desk and monitor phones for extended amounts of time.
- Ability to withstand temperatures in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Reservations system. POS system.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.