MV Transportation is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Manager who will be a dynamic, multi-task oriented senior professional to manage all day-to-day maintenance aspects of this Para Transit Service operation. The Fleet Maintenance Manager will ensure that all contractual requirements are achieved, and duties included will consist of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. The Fleet Maintenance Manager must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program.
- The candidate will display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of relevant experience managing the maintenance functions of a transit bus maintenance shop.
- Supervision experience in managing/ directing 10 plus employees (fleet Technicians/Service Workers/Cleaners).
- Experience in general Automotive and light duty truck/bus operations, with 200+ vehicles is highly preferred.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments of staff and shop.
- Ownership and management of the financial/accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats as well as the client as needed to discuss mechanical operations.
- Must have computer skills including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Technical competence with light duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- ASE A-Series Master certifications is required.
- Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
- Experience with Automotive and Light duty vehicle Diagnosis and repair.
- Must have a current Driver's license and ability to pass DOT Physical.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.