Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Fire Protectionl Engineer candidate with design and analysis experience in industrial fire protection design to support the Renewable Energy and Power business. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings, develop specifications and assessing existing equipment for fire protection, plumbing, and energy systems for new and/or retrofit industrial plants.
This position primarily provides fire protection design leadership on detail design projects but also has a strong influence in the early phases of project development. This includes developing performance criteria based on adopted codes and standards for the project jurisdiction. In this position, the intermediate Mechanical Engineer provides process engineering expertise from conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, construction grade scope and estimates, detailed design, start-up, system optimization, and troubleshooting. Looking to hire for the Atlanta, GA or Greenville, SC location.
- Provide technical design packages within defined schedule and budget requirements
- Executes facility mechanical engineering for fire protection and plumbing designs according to NFPA, insurance carriers, AHJ, and applicable codes and standards
- Assists the architectural discipline's building code review in determining fire protection requirements based on the project required NFPA, FM and/or Fire Codes/Standards to determine site or building requirements for sprinklers, water tanks, fire pumps and specialty systems (foam, clean-agent, etc).
- Ability to meet with clients, present for Fire Protection and Plumbing on progress of work, design options and 3D model reviews
- Performs facility system assessment field work
- Generates workload plans, design analyses, drawing plans, specifications, fire protection coverage calculations, pump calculations, cost estimates and estimated construction schedule
- Supports proposals generation (FEL1 thru 3, Detailed Design)
- Significant CAD work with AutoCAD and Revit
- Reviews work of and provides guidance to junior engineers
- Review equipment and material submittals for adequacy and compliance with contractual documents
- Performs site visits when required and assists with construction RFI's after document issuance for construction
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- EIT required
- 5-15 years of facility fire protection and plumbing experience
- Able to generate own drawing packages with AutoCAD or Revit
- Knowledgeable with Codes and industry standards (ex. NFPA, International Codes, Factory Mutual Datasheets, etc.)
- Able to write design analyses, specifications, estimate project costs, and estimate construction schedule duration
- Able to travel by air & ground, climbing ladders
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with REVIT and Navisworks
- Commissioning and/or retro-commissioning experience
- Life cycle costing
- PE License
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required. Note, this position will consider individuals with less experience than listed above, but requires the willingness to expand skillset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.