Finance Manager, Cross Franchise Analytics, US Oncology
This is a newly created role to provide financial analytical support across our US Oncology franchises. We are looking for an analytical thinker to develop high quality cross-franchise financial analytics for US Oncology CFO and Franchise Finance Directors. This individual will help identify unmet financial analytical needs, synthesize data from multiple sources, experiment new methods, and generate actionable insights to support critical business decisions.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of AstraZeneca US Oncology brands, our Go-To-Market model across sales / marketing / medical / market access / diagnostics pillars, and the evolving market environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for problem-solving, be delivery and result focused, eager to learn and apply new skills, technically savvy with strong business acumen, and an effective communicator.
Support FP&A Director to manage all business planning / forecasting / reporting cycles. Analyze business results, delineate performance variance drivers, consolidate risks / opportunities, and identify mitigations / actions
- Provide financial modeling & analysis support to various business teams. Create investment cases & analytics for assigned projects
- Provide support in key business partnering initiatives to promote expense management best practices and a strong culture of business stewardship in terms of investment execution / productivity / efficiency
- Partner with franchise finance teams to prioritize needs / opportunities for financial analytics with cross franchise impact
- Utilize / synthesize / integrate data to develop franchise financial analytics, generate business insights & foresights, and provide actionable recommendations to franchise finance and commercial leaders
- Identify best practices and experiment innovative techniques in franchise financial analysis. Identify opportunities to leverage the company's new or emerging capabilities, e.g. data visualization, predictive analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation etc.
- Compile relevant financial analytics datasets in close partnership with FP&A Director, Franchise Finance Directors, Finance Controller, Insights & Analytics team, and Sales Force Operations team
- Support US Oncology CFO with ad-hoc queries / projects and analytics-driven executive presentations
- Lead continuous process improvement in US Oncology FP&A processes, systems, and capabilities
- Under the supervision of the FP&A director, role will serve as a liaison to and partner with cross functions (e.g., Global counterparts and other business segments)
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, Economics or Business related Major (e.g. Business Administration)
- 5+ years of relevant financial experience, e.g. P&L forecasting & reporting, performance driver & variance analysis, expense management, financial modeling (DCF / IRR / ROI etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel (e.g. Pivot Table, IF statements, VLOOKUP etc.) and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Hyperion (or similar FP&A applications e.g. TM1) and SAP, experience in both is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a dynamic high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and meetings, where applicable
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Analytical mindset with strong business acumen - ability to generate ideas and see ideas through to action by collating & analyzing data, identifying business drivers, and communicating data-driven insights to key stakeholders
- Thinking creatively and visually - ability to think outside of the box and leverage visual representation to analyze / articulate abstract concepts
- Attention to detail - clear, accurate and consistent outputs both financial and verbal
- Focus on delivery - works well under pressure, meets tight deadlines
- Flexibility - responds to fast changing business needs on short notice
- Presentation and communication skills - be able to present both impactful and easily understandable financial data and associated recommendations to a financial and non-financial audience
- Finance Business Partnering skills - ability to engage with non-finance professionals and distill complex financial viewpoints to promote understanding
- Ability to interact and engage with senior leaders
- Exhibit leadership, versatility and integrity
- Ability to manipulate and visualize large / complex datasets to effectively generate and communicate insights
- Experience with BI (Business Intelligence) and Data Visualization applications, e.g. Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Alteryx or similar tools
- Experience of working in a global organization, preferably within the pharmaceuticals industry, and knowledge of the drug development life cycle and commercial aspects of the industry
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and liaising with senior leaders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including oral & written
- Good understanding of functional cost drivers
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Join a talented global team that's powering AstraZeneca to better serve patients, every day. The fuel behind our evolving, rapidly growing enterprise, we're here to help unlock the power of what science can do and ultimately have a big impact on patients' lives.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.