This position is in the Final Products Department at the Marlboro Paper Mill in Bennettsville, SC. The Marlboro Mill produces approximately 800 tons/day of fine white paper and approximately 300 tons/day of market pulp. The Final Products Department includes both the Paper and Pulp Machine areas. This position reports to the Final Products Manager and has ultimate responsibility for all maintenance activities in Final Products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support all maintenance activities of the Final Products area. This would include Domtar activities as well as contracted activities.
- Responsible for reliability of the Final Products Department with Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Specialists, E/I and Mechanical Team Leaders and a small group of planners as direct reports.
- Help to establish maintenance budgets and monitor maintenance spending against budgets.
- Directly supervise selected contracted maintenance jobs both during normal operations and during outages.
- Initiate and oversee trouble shooting efforts such as Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Administer the preventative/predictive maintenance programs for Final Products. (VA programs, Lubrications, BCCM, Tank Integrity, etc.)
- Oversight of work orders systems and planning processes (currently using SAP) to see that work is entered, prioritized, planned, scheduled, completed, closed, and documented.
- Assist in planning of outages in Final Products. (Timelines and schedules, Selection of contractors and materials, Establishing and monitoring of budgets, etc.)
- BS degree in Engineering and 5 years of maintenance experience related to maintenance reliability, especially predictive and preventive maintenance. We will accept applications from non-degreed individuals with at least seven years of maintenance reliability experience. The candidate should be familiar with reliability centered maintenance practices and predictive maintenance tools such as vibration analysis, thermography, lube analysis, ultrasonic analysis and failure analysis techniques.
- Safety and team oriented with a good work ethic, positive attitude, and the ability to work independently and to lead entire group of maintenance professionals in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Experience with SAP, DMSI (MAINtelligence) and SKF Vibration Analysis software is desirable but not required.
- Experience with electrical/instrumentation systems is desirable but not required.
- Reliability centered maintenance training is desirable but not required.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.