Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
This position is responsible for leading a group of Final Inspectors and for performing Final Inspector duties that consist of directing and conducting routine final inspection of medical devices and related documentation as specified by priority or special request according to methods established.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads a group of Final Inspectors, communicating between shifts as needed, resolves issues, coaches team members and identifies personnel related issues in department, including conflicts and incidents of misconduct and communicates with manager to address the matter.
- Performs and documents final inspections to established procedures.
- Conducts device history review processes to established procedures.
- Performs product identification measurements to established print requirements.
- Verifies product label information and contents to appropriate specifications
- Organizes and reports Final Inspection results.
- Exercises assigned responsibility for on-the-job training of less qualified personnel.
- Communicates with manufacturing cell members, manufacturing management and engineers concerning product & documentation defects
Expected Areas of Competence
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, work instructions, engineering specifications and inspection documents
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication across different levels and departments.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20
- Must be able to lift in the 40 pound range
- Must be able to work in Clean Room environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to use micrometers and calipers
- Must have demonstrated ability to use shop math techniques (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of decimals and fractions).
- Must have the following demonstrated computer skills-JDE, Synquest, MS Excel, MS Word
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years Inspection experience required
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
This job has expired.