You're an experienced leader with a keen eye for detail who enjoys problem solving in the moment and managing unique situations. Your colleagues count on you to come up with innovative and practical solutions under pressure. You have experience looking for and bidding large scale work in both the public and private sector while you are also comfortable managing routine industrial service and hazmat projects. You are confident in your ability to search for work within large scopes and you are confident in your people skills dealing with clients, colleagues, and regulators.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful bidding and execution of industrial services and/or asbestos abatement and or remedial projects both public and private work in but not limited to CNY. Maintaining safety and compliance is your top priority. This position will work alongside our Branch Manager to identify, quote and secure opportunities. The Project Manager will ensure that resources are properly utilized, that work is completed within the agreed upon scope, and anticipated margins are achieved.
Day in the Life
After having your favorite morning beverage and while no day is the same you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Serve as the point of contact for all large industrial services, asbestos abatement and/or remedial projects both public and private in the CNY area.
- Complete project management duties including, but not limited to: estimates/proposals, submittals, contract management, quality control, project supervision, accounting, health & safety, and resource management.
- Thoroughly review contracts and negotiated changes prior to contract execution to assure awareness of contents and requirements and ability to perform work.
- Perform work including, but not limited to: scope of work development, safety plan development, and document preparation for field projects.
- Create and track purchase orders to help monitor project spending and ensure all project budgets are balanced and achieving profitability.
- Creates project invoices at job completion to be sent to customers. Ensures that invoices are reflected accurately as quoted to the customer and highlight any changes to the project scope and cost.
- Provide data and reporting to customers in a manner consistent with contract or purchase order specifications.
- Coordinate use of US Ecology's and 3rd party services to provide successful completion of projects.
- Monitors sub-contractor services for completeness or deficiencies. Communicates with subcontractors to ensure job safety requirements are being met. Reviews and negotiates change-orders provided by subcontractors.
- Participate fully in marketing efforts in establishing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and procuring new business opportunities.
- Responsible for assuring that all company-owned vehicles and equipment operate properly and safety and that required periodic maintenance and repairs are accomplished
- Ensure that project cost reporting, revenue reporting, and other financial data are accurate and submitted timely
- Review construction documents understand the scope of work to bid and break it down into definable tasks.
- Prepare cost analysis for materials, labor and manpower equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Develop and maintain resource information related to products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Direct supervision throughout the course of the project to ensure proper execution.
- Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties may not be specifically listed in this description, but which are within the general nature typically associated with the employee's level of work.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in field-related work in similar professional setting.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Asbestos Abatement, Large Scale Remediation, Civil Construction, Industrial Services, Demolition, etc. of both Public and Private are preferred.
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work:
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more atwww.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.