Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Job Description and Objective:
Eurofins is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic IT Field Service Technician, which is a Second Level / Tier 2 on-site/on-premises position.
Some of our field technicians support one or more laboratories to provide in-person, on-site support, troubleshooting and resolving customer hardware, software and general network connectivity issues as well as occasionally handle overflow support from our Service Desk. There will be opportunity for occasional travel as well.
The roles and the responsibilities of this position periodically change and therefore, the IT Field Service Technician must be open-minded and considered a change agent.
Skills and Relevant Experience:
- 3+ yr. of Level 2 Desktop Support w/increasing responsibilities
- 3+ yr. ServiceNow (or equivalent ITIL Incident tracking): experience with Incident, Request and Knowledge Management
- Be forward thinking, looking for ways to increase productivity, efficiency and identifying process improvements
- Ability to handle multiple projects, customers and tasks at the same time
- Intermediate troubleshooting and repair of Windows and Windows applications using tools such as Event Viewer, Windows Logs, MECM Logs, running/creating PowerShell scripts, Google, MS or Vendor Forums, etc.
- Intermedia troubleshooting, support of, and repair of hardware: desktop, laptop, tablets, iPads, mobile devices, printers, phones, monitors, audio/visual devices, thin clients, Ethernet, wireless, switches, UPS's, installing workstations, onboarding new users, off boarding users, etc.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and repair of on premise and cloud-based products including O365, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, MECM, Azure, Intune, etc.
- Imaging and updating laptops, desktops and instrument pc's, installing software, supporting our customers and vendors, advanced troubleshooting skills, PowerShell, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy as well as the ability to support things such as setting up or repairing access to network folders and file shares, setting up network printing, configuring scan to email, etc.
- Familiarity with network connectivity, TCI/IP, Firewalls, Vlan's, Ethernet, etc.
- Able to crate Knowledge Documents in a step-by-step format
- Ensure that every single request for help is logged with an Incident or Service Request
- Eurofins employees are required by world governments to follow (KGDs/SOPs)
- Must be willing to spend the time necessary for continuous self-education
- Provide occasional on-call support
- Occasional overnight travel required
- Be able to lift 25lbs
- Other duties as assigned
Eurofins employees are required by governments around the world to follow standard operating procedures that can affect IT such as how to install, maintain, update, repair and even retire equipment (KGDs/SOPs)
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Individuals in the Battle Creek, MI area are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
To learn more about Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofins.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.#LI-MS1Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.