Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. As a leader in the advanced manufacturing machine tool technology, Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive, aerospace, medical, die/mold and other industries worldwide, they make them with Makino.
The Field Service Engineer is a member of the Customer Support Department and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of Makino machinery at customer locations. We are seeking customer focused professionals with a positive attitude and great customer service skills. Training and relocation provided for you to become one of the best Service Engineers in the industry.
- Install, train and provide technical knowledge and troubleshooting on team product line at the customer's facility.
- Provide a communication link between customer and Makino.
- Create and develop procedural documentation.
- Use and understand the Customer Support computer system.
- Support the Product Specialist on a rotational basis.
- Support the Knowledge Products Team as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Occasional participation outside of the team product line.
Education and Experience
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Present professional image.
- Project leadership ability.
- Must have good electro-mechanical skills (motors, drives, transformers).
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and/or a broad shop background.
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Rational decision making and problem-solving ability.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Experience as a co-op, internship or full/part-time job in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and a broad shop background equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship training.
- 2 Year Technical degree (Electrical/Automation) and/or 1 year of experience in a related field.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable, and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.Makino offers competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training. Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer
- US Passport and ability to travel weekly within region after training.
- Valid Driver's License.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!
This job has expired.