Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. As a leader in the advanced manufacturing machine tool technology, Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive, aerospace, medical, die/mold and other industries worldwide, they make them with Makino.
The Field Service Engineer is a member of the Customer Support Department and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of Makino machinery at customer locations. We are seeking customer focused professionals with a positive attitude and great customer service skills.
- Install, train and provide technical knowledge and troubleshooting on team product line at the customer's facility
- Provide a communication link between customer and Makino
- Create and develop procedural documentation
- Use and understand the Customer Support computer system
- Support the Product Specialist on a rotational basis
- Support the Knowledge Products Team as a Subject Matter Expert
- Occasional participation outside of the team product line.
Education and Experience
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Present professional image
- Project leadership ability
- Must have good electro-mechanical skills (motors, drives, transformers).
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and/or a broad shop background.
- Technical knowledge and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Rational decision making and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Availability for extensive weekly travel.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- Experience with Wire or Ram EDM
- Experience as a co-op, internship or full/part-time job in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and a broad shop background equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship training.
- 2 Year Technical degree (Electrical/Automation) and 1 year of experience in a related field.
- US Passport and ability to travel both nationally and internationally.
- Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to speak and hear. The individual is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. Frequent physical requirements include standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Individual is frequently required to manually lift or move heavy material (5-50 pounds) from a variety of positions. Heavier material maneuvering is also required which can be done with the use of cranes, fork- lifts or other means.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Often exposed to noise, dust, heat, oil and other elements plus travel conditions, with one or the other present to the extent of being disagreeable.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry.
Makino offers competitive pay, generous benefits and ongoing training. Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer Makino is a government contractor and, as such, must comply with Executive Order 14042 which mandates vaccination of employees.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!
This job has expired.