Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic, and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is dedicated to delivering testing services that contribute to the health and safety of society and the planet, and to its corporate responsibility to protect the environment and ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion across the entire network of Eurofins companies.
Eurofinsis searching for a Field Technician in West Springfield, MA
Position is full-time, Tuesday-Friday,9am-5pm,and Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Springfield, MA are encouraged to apply.
Assists with routine and non-routine sampling, monitoring, and data collection activities in support of environmental monitoring programs and client service requests This is an exciting fast paced field position.
Field Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collects, documents, packages, and ships samples in accordance with appropriate project-specific sampling and analysis plans/protocols.
• Assists with routine and non-routine data collection activities for environmental monitoring programs, which may involve hazardous material/waste project sites.
• Assists with routine sample preparation and/or analyses, generally on site, in support of mobile laboratory operations or screening surveys.
• Completes documents and is responsible for quality control of all assignments.
• Follows and enforces company health and safety policies.
• Must be able to follow technical instructions and guidance.
The ideal candidate would possess:
QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
- Reading maps and following directions at times through construction areas.
- Operating a company vehicle and maintaining it's cleanliness.
- Computer skills preferred, basic clerical.
- Ability to prioritize
- Field sampling
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
2-3 years of environmental field sampling experience in the following areas: Landfill sampling, Wastewater sampling and/or PFAS sampling
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree and/or background in sciences is a plus.
- Must have valid drivers license.
• May require training in site remediation and hazard protection.
• Department of Transportation (DOT) Certificate is required for shipping hazardous chemicals within 90 days of date of hire.
• A valid state issued driver's license to drive delivery vehicles is required as an employee with driving responsibilities.
• Local, state, or additional client certifications may be required based on location and client request.
• State and federal regulations regarding management of potentially hazardous waste facilities required
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional InformationWe support your development!
Do you feel you don't match 100% of the requirements? Don't hesitate to apply anyway! Eurofins companies are committed to supporting your career development.We embrace diversity!
Eurofins network of companies believe in strength and innovation through diversity, being anEqual Opportunity Employer.We prohibit discrimination against employees or applications based on gender identity and/or expression, race, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and everything else that makes employees of Eurofins companies unique.Sustainability matters to us!
We are well on our way to achieving our objective of carbon neutrality by 2025, through a combination of emission reduction and compensation initiatives. We encourage our laboratory leaders to make sustainable changes at their local level, and in addition to their initiatives we also count on our dedicated carbon reduction team to help us to achieve this goal!
Find out more in our career page: https://careers.eurofins.com/Company description:
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and Eurofins Scientific 2/2 March 2023 agroscience contract research services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 35 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 61,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of ca. 900 laboratories in 61 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2022, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
This job has expired.