MV Transportation is seeking a Facility Supervisor. We have two facilities, which have an array of support equipment such as vehicle lifts, personnel lifts, bus wash, oil water separators, bus vacuum systems, etc. that are essential for the daily cleaning and maintenance of all vehicles and the efficient performance of bus operations.
- Facility Supervisors shall supervise the preventive and corrective maintenance of systems and subsystems within each of the operational facilities in support of bus operations.
- Facility supervision also covers the janitorial maintenance of all spaces within and up to the boundary of each facility, the efficient performance of the buildings, the replacement of indoor and outdoor lighting, and minor structural repairs.
- Facility Supervisor ensures the completion of Bus Stop Work Orders, enforces the Preventive Maintenance Program for the Contractor to include preventive maintenance of all bus stops and bus stops furnishings.
- Knowledge of methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring.
- Knowledge of standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities and the safety practices and procedures related to the building trades.
- Basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's license.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Operate a forklift.
- Read blueprints.
- Review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Maintain work logs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.