Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Facilities Engineer/Project Manager in the Houston, TX area with previous experience within the oil and gas industry to provide day to day support on a client's Facilities Engineering Team. The Facilities Engineer / Project Manager will provide functional leadership and direction for the design & construction of new assets / expansions to existing assets to support production requirements. This role will require strong planning and communication skills to coordinate across multiple disciplines to complete projects on time and on budget while meeting project objectives. Engineer will be reporting to the Facility Engineering Team Lead. This is a contract position with opportunity of extension, working within a Wood Client Office. Work schedule will be in person in the Houston office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills and responsibilities to be considered:
- Design of new surface infrastructure facilities including pipelines, compressors, pumps, oil/water/gas separation, and processing facilities.
- Experience in the design and construction of Central Tank Batteries (CTB), Central Gathering Compression (CGC) installations, flowlines & well hook-ups required.
- Able to analyze, troubleshoot, and re-use existing surface facilities in new development plans.
- Strong communication skills to coordinate with a cross-functional team (operations, engineering, measurement, automation, environmental, regulatory, safety, contractors, & construction personnel) on design, layout, equipment selection & proposed facility operations strategy.
- Experience with actively managing, tracking, and reporting on multiple simultaneous projects while meeting safety, budgetary & schedule objectives set for the company.
- Development of the Scope of Work (SOW), cost estimate, schedule, execution plan, Design Basis Memorandum (DBM), and Authorization of Funds Expenditure (AFE) documents necessary to obtain project approvals.
- Development of construction drawings and RFQ packages through coordination with third party engineering firms, construction foreman & operations personnel.
- Ensure Management of Change (MOC) approvals are identified, coordinated, and approved where required based on the Scope of Work to be performed.
- Ability to walk down facilities and use existing engineering/vendor/operational data to identify and analyze potential process changes/improvements to meet production goals and zero emission objectives.
- Ability to provide technical support to Operations as needed.
- Coordination of pre-start-up safety reviews to ensure a smooth handoff of changes to Operations.
- Experience with sizing & selection of production equipment, pipelines, relief valves, etc, highly desired.
- Experience in sizing vapor recovery units, vapor destruct equipment (combustor/flare) and the associated vent piping systems desired.
- Modelling software programs, such as Aspen Hysys, ProMax, and PipeSim experience desired.
- Experience with related industry codes and standards applicable to upstream Oil & Gas operations in TX & NM desired. (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, ASME Section 8, Div 1 Pressure Vessel Code, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Upstream Operator experience preferred.
- Able to travel to field locations in Texas and New Mexico on a regular basis. (1 or 2 times per month depending on project needs).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering required
Skills and Competencies:
- Driven, detailed, and goal oriented individual with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot routine mechanical systems and components Understanding of applicable industry codes
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal groups, external suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong Environment, Health and Safety focus and commitment
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.