Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Project Manager / Seller Doer to join our team in Traverse City, MI.
Are you an Environmental Project Manager with over 15 years of environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Traverse City, MI team. Wood is dedicated to providing an atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers.
This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidate should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience with managing a team, support proposal efforts and able to work on projects with variable complexity. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization with unlimited career opportunities. At the same time, each location takes pride in maintaining a close collaborative environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, with a deep bench of knowledgeable and skilled Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, and Data Visualization Specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate would work be located in the Traverse City area and support a local team while also being part of the larger operations within that Region. Wood offers the opportunity and flexibility to balance work in the office and from home.
- Manage environmental projects, site characterization, remedial designs, and preparation of reports and other related documentation,
- Network with clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities,
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates,
- Manage project contracts, staff, budgets and schedules,
- Manage clients and associated project work with the support of key staff in accordance with state and Federal regulations and protocols,
- Perform, analyze and report on specific environmental project tasks,
- research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles, and
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments
Skills / Qualifications Role Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. graduate, with directly related degree in engineering, geology, or environmental sciences,
- Expert level understanding of Michigan's environmental laws and regulations,
- Experience across a range of commercial, industrial, and federal sectors,
- 15-20 years relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity and management responsibility,
- Track record of performance in a seller-doer culture (business development/client management),
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership skills, and a proven ability to develop and lead strategies in line with the office and company goals,
- Must have client relationships and a proven track record of developing business, growing client accounts, and winning work,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in State regulations and processes,
- Registered or eligible for registration as a, PE, PG or CPG,
- An individual with strong written and oral communication skills, strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer services and a commitment to technical excellence,
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget, and
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for field contract services and hands-on training of personnel.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.