Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. has a career opportunity for an Environmental Compliance/Permitting Field Specialist to join our team in Denver, Colorado. This individual will provide a diverse range of field and office support tasks, including, but not limited to, regulatory compliance and project permitting, environmental field data collection, environmental monitoring, assist in development of regulatory compliance plans, developing and updating project schedules, preparing technical reports, plans, and specifications. Projects are primarily located within the mountain region of the United States, however there is potential for projects throughout the United States and abroad. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- This position offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be mentored by senior environmental staff.
- Will work as part of our Environmental Group focusing on environmental permitting and regulatory compliance projects.
- The position is approximately 40% field work and 60% office work on industrial, commercial and federal sites.
- Field activities may include natural resource field surveys including wetland and Waters of the US delineations, collection of environmental samples, working at locations with hazardous environments, oversite of subcontractors, enforcing health and safety requirements, collecting aquifer testing, as well as documenting field activities.
- Office activities include tracking of project scope, schedule, and budgets, responding to client requests for information, preparation of technical reports, permit applications and supporting documentation, boring log documentation, analysis and interpretation of data and analytical results and assistance with the preparation of work plans, sampling and analysis plans, site assessment reports and/or groundwater monitoring reports.
- Additional office activities will include preparing various draft project reports, such as location studies, environmental studies, regulatory compliance plans, under direct supervision of Group Manager, execute a variety of basic environmental activities, including data collection and compilation, and assembly and analysis of field information.
- Will be expected to thoroughly check permit applications, data tables, figures and other documentation.
- Will perform field mapping and map preparation and maintain spreadsheets/databases of field data, preferably using GIS.
- Will assist with project management and provide support to the group manager for a variety of project management tasks, including invoicing, preparing project deliverables, reviewing subcontractor invoices and tracking hours and budgets for projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Will follow company safety standards, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans.
- Will travel to projects sites. Approximately 40% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Environmental Studies, Biology or related technical degree. MS degree desired but not required.
- 3+ years' experience in the environmental consulting field including field data collection, environmental compliance and natural resources permitting.
- Prefer experience with wetland and Waters of the US delineation and permitting.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have solid technical report writing skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Suite, Outlook, ArcGIS).
- Attention to detail, organization abilities and strong time management capabilities required.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Will be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects sites. Approximately 40% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Valid driver's license
- Field work in outdoor environments.
- Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.