Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the start up, operation and shutdown of the process line equipment from the evenflow to the freeze tunnels. This position, together with the other area operators, is responsible for setting up the equipment and all support functions from evenflows to the freeze tunnel. They will monitor the operation of said equipment and make changes as required. It will be their responsibility (under the direction of supervisory and lead personnel) to ensure that acceptable product quality levels are attained and maintained. During downtime periods they will clean up all equipment in accordance with established cleaning procedures.
Primary responsibility includes the area on the assigned line from the Peeling to Precool within an area operator work group.
- Achieves maximum production and assures an adequate supply of product and processing additives by ongoing communications with Leads, Supervisors, and forklift operators.
- Assures that the proper product specifications are maintained while minimizing waste by continual monitoring of the quality attributes of the product.
- Maintain required production and QA records and assure that all paperwork is correct and turned into the lead, supervisor or shift manager at the end of the shift.
- Assures quality of product by continual observation of the assigned line, and performing necessary adjustments:
Assure conformance with Health and Safety Regulations by:
- Strictly following Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures on all equipment.
- Strictly following Personal Protective Equipment Requirements set forth in training.
Assure conformance with food safety sanitation standards by:
- Keeping area clean and walkways free of stagnant product, water puddles, and debris.
- Cleaning floors and equipment during breaks, or whenever possible
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.