There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Entry Level Digital Designer will learn & support the processes that generate higher-quality user experiences for projects and programs. You will work alongside a design lead, and collaborate with product management, development, and business stakeholders, to support a user-centered design approach to developing new or improving existing digital or integrated experiences. This role embodies a passionate, yet pragmatic design practitioner that can respond to user needs and behaviors, design leadership direction, and successfully transform inputs into intuitive design solutions that map to needs and requirements.
Additional Job DescriptionQUALIFICATIONS
- Work alongside a design lead and partners to research, ideate, validate, design, and implement
iterative solutions that elevate the user experience of digital touchpoints that deliver enhanced customer/business value for GM.
- Sketches, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, and prototypes can all be part of your day-to-day outputs.
- Build strong relationship with your design lead and with partners to ensure design tasks are aligned with project goals and dependencies and done efficiently
- Learn how to and develop research-based personas, user workflows, and story boards to socialize ideas and generate alignment
- Ensure compliance with usability standards and design best practices.
- Participate/support workshops tied to projects
- Research design trends and support research-based activities on projects
- Foster collaboration among teammates and be responsible and diligent in supporting team's design needs
- Take ownership and create personal professional growth objectives and find ways to achieve them
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Design or equivalent degree
- Graduation date must be between December 2020 and September 2022
- Understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc. and prototyping skills.
- Awareness of designing in a variety of form factors, including desktop software, responsive web, and mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of how the user-centered design process generates higher-order of importance solutions for customers by understanding their needs and expectations
- Awareness of data visualization conventions
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- Passionate, curious and creative problem solver with critical thinking skills and an open mind
- A strong portfolio of school projects, freelance or internship work that demonstrates capability and highlights your process and role in the work (if collaborative)
This role offers the following Work Appropriately
Onsite:This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Hybrid:This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite two times per week, generally on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.