As a Lead Senior Engineering Designer, you will be responsible for development of math design solutions to meet complex system and subsystem requirements. This activity is dependent upon a high degree of creativity and initiative in problem solving and leading multi-functional teams for issue resolution. You will perform as an expert in SMT Design and Engineering Best Practices, and highly skilled in GM CAD and Data Management System, Windows Suite, and VisMockup. You will exercise highly independent judgment and creative solution development with minimal direction from the Design Leader Technical. Proficient in CAD Tools and owns the development of Standard Model Methods in their component / subsystem area. You will be developing virtual vehicle integration solutions to support program requirements. You will work as a fully - qualified contributor who is dependent upon a high degree of knowledge and understanding of all aspects of virtual vehicle integration. You will exercise highly independent judgment and creative solution development with minimal direction from Design Lead Technical. You will have broad technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with creative and independent thinking and conceptual ability within the virtual vehicle integration through multiple cycles of the Global Vehicle Development Process. Strong knowledge in CAD and virtual related tools, software, and own the development of Standard Modeling Methods for virtual processes. Exercise independent judgment and creative solution development with minimal direction from Virtual Design Lead Technical
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills & Qualifications:
- Mentor for system/subsystem requirement, and GM CAD and Data Management System for their SMT area
- Develop, refines and finalizes Math and Criteria
- Assists in the development of Standard Modeling Methods or Virtual Integration Methods for their Program and SMT area
- Proficient in and able to teach Design Standards, Best Practices and Global Design infoBOOK Standards
- Demonstrated application of design operations and processes (Standard modeling, Clearance Analysis, Vehicle Assembly Structure, Global Data Security, etc.)
- Apply manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and integration knowledge to parts, subsystem designs and vehicle integration
- Actively participate and / or lead design / virtual reviews.
- Document and maintains material, mass, and other part specifications within the Math file
- Support CAE with studies to improve designs
- Complete, analyzes and applies NX Analysis results to solution set for their subsystem / components
- Very knowledgeable of and experienced with Development Process and the math fidelity for each cycle
- Independently integrate component subsystem designs into systems
- Perform appropriate studies/alternatives / layouts, and participate in recommendations to program direction
- Stay ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Support lessons learned through updating Best Practices and learning sessions with Designers
- Lead and create math data (models) or virtual layouts of very advanced and complex components, systems and subsystems
- Communicates effectively with all partners
- Release system/subsystem to meet GVDP requirements with quality, on time
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Product Design, Engineering Technology, or 10+ years of product design experience
- Demonstrates ability to work independently to solve complex problems and help to lead teams to consensus when needed.
- Expert in product design concepts and manufacturing processes for Chassis components
- Preferred knowledge in GM math release process, specifications, and data management
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.