Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Responsible for RF Datasheet review, Construction drawing adjustment, equipment ordering, GC management and close-out review of tower and ground based cell site modification projects. Primary focus is managing the installation of 4G + 5G E\ radios, baseband units, tower based antennas, and associated secondary cabling.
The engineer will ensure the proper expansion of network capacity and support modification team needs to assist with tower and ground modification projects. Responsible for maintaining budgeting and material inventory related to these cell equipment upgrade projects. Will have to work closely with other equipment engineers and team manager to prepare and review annual budget requirements.
Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision. Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with Team members. Associates degree or minimum of 5 yrs. equivalent telecommunications experience required.
1. Management of 4G and 5G tower modification projects via a general contractor
2. RF Datasheet experience
3. Ordering and inventory management of Ericsson equipment
4. Surveying shelter and tower assets
5. Performing site bid walks
6. -48v DC Power plant project experience
Positive if you have the following skills:
1. HVAC experience.
2. PeopleSoft or equivalent financial tracking
3. Project management software experience
4. Excel skills including expertise with VLOOKUP functionality