Employer Consulting Associate or Analyst
The position can be in located within our four Cambia states - OR, WA, ID or UT
The Employer Consulting Associate or Analyst is responsible for using knowledge of healthcare interventions and data to deliver actionable information to our employer groups. In partnership with Regence, employer groups use the data to improve health care outcomes for Regence members.
Performs data-mining, prepares analytic presentations and provides consulting services to implement innovative solutions.
- Perform complex analyses on programs and initiatives and creates visual representations and summary reports of findings. Develops meaningful dashboards and presentations that use information to inform and influence business activities and strategies.
- Applies knowledge of state and federal regulatory policies and procedures to program analysis and recommended actions.
- Extract, sort, cleanse, aggregate and process data from multiple sources, developing queries and reports based on business requirements.
- Work both independently and as part of a larger team supporting various internal customer groups on identifying business challenges and evaluating solutions to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business cases, identify business problems and understand desired business outcomes.
- Completes analysis and applies judgment to derive recommendations for complex challenges and initiatives.
- Ensures the appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepares and presents standard and ad-hoc analysis to business partners that help guide decisions and support results.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Experience with analytical / statistical programming tools for data extraction and summarization, statistics, and analysis (SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, STATA, MatLab, etc.). Ability to develop and modify queries to extract large amounts of data for standard and ad-hoc data requests.
- Experience with pre-processing of data, such as cleansing, aggregating, sorting, and combining data. Ability to combine multiple sources of data.
- Experience or coursework in advanced analytics such as analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data, independently or as part of a team. Ability to synthesize analytic insights with business questions, literature, judgment, and policy knowledge to develop options, action plans, and solutions for internal business partners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively interface and communicate with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate or coordinate activities or projects, including the ability to identify business requirements, resolve issues, and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
Employer Consulting Associate would have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 2 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
Employer Consulting Analyst would have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 4 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com