This entry level position must diagnose, analyze, repair, and improve electronics and electro-mechanics on DICKEY-john products, processes, and systems. Position communicates with internal and external customers by phone, email, or in person concerning technical problems. Position communicates troubleshooting, repair and product test findings through written and oral reports. Negligible travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze, diagnose, repair, improve, and support DICKEY-john products, processes, and systems in accordance with technical standards.
- Provide technical and application advice to customers, sales personnel, representatives, distributors, and DICKEY-john personnel via phone, fax, email, and in person.
- Perform technical duties in house to address internal and external customer product related issues.
- Support new product development, verification, and validation testing.
- Report troubleshooting, failure, and repair information via oral communication and written documentation.
- Provide feedback to other internal functions on the performance of DICKEY-john products.
- Follow up with customers to resolve problems.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions.
- Collect, compile, and record failure and repair data.
- Read and review technical diagrams and manuals as needed.
A.A.S. in Electronics or related field or a minimum three years of relevant technical experience is required. A.A.S. in Electronics and 3 years of experience repairing electronic agricultural or public works products and systems is desired
Basic electronics troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and basic organizational and communication skills required. Electronics or electromechanical certifications, practical knowledge of farming, agriculture, or public works is desiredKNOWLEDGE
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical systems is required.
- Working and repair knowledge of hydraulics, electromechanical, and electrical equipment and systems and basic understanding of precision agriculture, analytical agriculture, and public works equipment is desired.
Must be able to:
Use standard office equipment such as copier, fax, telephone, postage, etc.
Operate computer and other electronic equipment
Use electronic and electromechanical troubleshooting equipment and repair tools such as oscilloscope and soldering ironWORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. May be required to travel and work in outdoor environments while performing on site support or installations. Air quality and noise levels are typically within normal limits. Eye protection is usually required. Under normal conditions, exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. An employee may be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular workweek during peak demand seasons.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time and walk/more to different locations as needed. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. TRAVEL
No travel is expected for this position.
All offers of employment in the U.S., where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine + 14 days) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption / reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
DICKEY-john manufactures monitors, controllers, moisture testers, ground speed sensors, and a variety of other systems used in agricultural, public works, and analytical markets. Customers range from individual farmers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). No matter what the size, the expectations are the same: a cost-effective, technologically advanced, precision product. Visit our products at https://www.dickey-john.com/Nearest Major Market:
Springfield Job Segment:
Electronic Technician, Electronics, Electrical, Air Quality, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Entry Level
This job has expired.