GM is seeking Electrode Specialist to join Chemistry Platform and Electrode Integration team. This candidate will be responsible for electrode and technical requirement development. The candidate will work and collaborate with Advanced Cell Technology, R&D, Purchasing, Cell Prototyping and Commercialization teams. The candidate will focus on design optimization of cathodes components for performance, cost reduction, and scalability. The individual will design the entire value stream from raw materials to finished electrode (BOM, BOD) and establish electrode specification. This work will utilize advanced analytical methods/tools in collaboration with manufacturing and computational chemistry experts to create innovative new product solutions. Major responsibilities include design concepts, formulation, and cell testing to meet cell performance requirement.
In this position you will be a fully-qualified contributor who has thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the department. You will possess a broad technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with creative and independent thinking and conceptual ability to related work performed within their department. Promotes GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions.
This position requires sound technical knowledge and expertise related to the functional area of responsibility. You will need prior experience and/or knowledge of mechanical, instrumentation, electronics, testing/driving and fabrication. Translates business objectives to actionable work for the work group. Supports leading new processes and methods in line with departmental goals.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills:
- Create, design and release electrode designs and technical specifications.
- Lead and obtain various characterizations on the raw materials and evaluate traditional or innovative material synthesis techniques.
- Lead or conduct electrode verification and validation internally, with suppliers or third party.
- Lead or carry out testing to analyze properties of the electrode, draw conclusions and share reports to other members in the cross-functional group.
- Collaborate well with other team members in the cross-functional group, as well as with other teams in the company to work out solutions.
- Proactively engage with advanced technology that may be applicable for next generation raw materials, component materials, active material synthesis, manufacturing, and process.
- Recommend new designs and new market opportunities.
- Lead internal reviews to ensure plans and progress are evident and visible
- Develop risk management plans and oversee their execution
- Develop strategies for cost innovation; drive down cost at every opportunity
- Work with System Engineering and cell technical specialist to ensure cell testing protocol and requirement needed for electrode validation
- Participate in DFMEA, PFMEA, BOD, BOM, BOP, BOE development and discussions to feed forward all project learning.
- Master strong theoretical and practical knowledge of cathode and other cell components, as well as how these components work together to make a high-performance cell.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Materials, or Chemical/ Electrochemical Engineering
- 8+ year of experience with active materials and electrode design and fabrication
- Experience with Li Ion raw materials chemistry and electrochemistry.
- Strong hands-on knowledge with electrolyte, cathode, anode and separator materials and processing for Lithium-Ion battery.
- Prior experience and knowledge of electrode synthesis and design of cathode (NCM, NCMA, LFP, LFMP, and LMNO chemistries) and or anode (graphite, Si, SiOx, LTO, and Li metal chemistries) materials.
- Proficiency in chemical handling and safe lab practices, experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding programs is a plus.
- Familiar with various material characterization techniques, such as SEM, XRD, PSD, BET, TGA, etc.
- Ability to work multi-task with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with creative problem-solving methods
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials, or Chemical/ Electrochemical Engineering
- 10+ year of experience with active materials and electrode design and fabrication
- Extensive experience with Li Ion raw materials chemistry and electrochemistry.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.