What you will do
Our team at the Grantley Plant custom designs, develops, and manufactures heating and air conditioning equipment for Navy vessels of all sizes. This job consists of performing operations required to plan, lay out, assemble, wire and test complex electrical systems on special engineered products.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Pay: $26.22 per hour.
Shift: 1st Shift, 6:30am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
1. Operations include working from drawings, orders, schematics, specifications, codes, instructions.
2. Make layouts of conduit and cable runs, calculate, make necessary bends, cut to length, flare or thread.
3. Wire in high voltage motors, check motor protection, mount, connect control panels, starters.
4. Make operational tests.
5. Check, operate, test safety devices.
6. Interlocks, system gauging controls, relay sequencing, repair, and replace components.
7. Terminate and code wires.
8. Use steel tape, electrical measuring instruments, hand, hand power tools, ladder, and appropriate material handling equipment.
What we look for
1. Three or more years of electrical experience
2. Ability to plan, assemble, wire, and test complex electrical systems on a variety of special engineered products.
3. Demonstrated ability to use shop mathematics.
4. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and schematics sketches.
5. Ability to use all types of precision electrical and electronic measuring instruments
6. Knowledge of application and use of electrical formulas, technology, installation of electrical equipment, controls, wiring, code requirements.
7. Ability to perform moderate physical effort working continuously with light weights moving, handling tools, materials, bend conduit, pull wire, cable.
8. In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and comply with the Federal orders, we will require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls Vaccination Tracker upon hire.
1. Two or more years of electrical trades training.
Who we are
The primary mission of Johnson Controls Navy Systems is to supply Chilled Water Air Conditioning Plants, Refrigeration Systems and associated equipment to the US Navy and US Coast Guard. Johnson Controls Navy Systems is a part of the Johnson Controls Federal Systems business. Our robust, high reliability products are designed, manufactured and tested in York, PA to military and other stringent customer specifications. Most of our designs are custom engineered for the specific application.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)