Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021922 Electrical / Mechanical Technician (Open)
Education and Experience
- Ensures reliability of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance on machinery and systems.
- Performs tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Uses hand tools and measuring instruments to determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts.
- Assembles, installs, adjusts, and calibrates mechanical and electrical machinery and equipment. Dismantles, repairs, rebuilds, and replaces equipment and parts as needed.
- Adheres to all plant safety policies. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping, Operational Excellence, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Provides assistance and guidance to junior maintenance colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) or technical training and 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates ability to select and operate appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks.
- Possesses an operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery, and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions to team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses the ability to troubleshoot, disassemble, and reassemble manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively under limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.