Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Chief Department Engineer & Project Department Engineer
SUPERVISES: Engineer I, Designers and Draftspersons
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:General:
- Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer or a Department Engineer III
- Responsible for checking calculations done by Engineers I
- Complies with Austal's employee handbook general guidelines, company procedures and policies.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Candidates with equivalent experience as a Cognizant Engineer over one or more systems may also be considered.
- Two (2) years' Engineering experience at Austal USA will be considered in lieu of shipyard design and construction experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
- Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
- Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels
- Knowledge of modular construction methods
- Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels
- Knowledge of shock design
- Knowledge of FEA methods
- Knowledge of composite shafting
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of power distribution and lighting systems
- Working knowledge of automation, control and communication systems
- Working knowledge of IEEE and NEC
All candidates must meet Austal USA's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status(permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
• Computer - MS Office, AutoCADDIRECTION EXERCISED:
• May lead and direct the work of Engineers I, Designers and Draftspersons
• May determine technical adequacy of drawings and calculationsDISCRETION EXERCISED:
• May provide input to evaluations of Engineers I, Designers and DraftspersonsLIAISES WITH:
Engineers, Production Personnel, Customer, Regulatory Bodies, Program Management and Equipment SuppliersWORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.