The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive Test Systems is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA ATS is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive Test Systems group is searching for a motivated Electrical Engineering professional with experience developing electrical designs and schematics for test and machine systems that often sophisticated proprietary automation and control systems, electro-mechanical equipment, instrumentation, PLC's, data acquisition systems and hydraulic/pneumatic controls. If you have an interest designing state-of-the-art testing equipment for the Automotive industry, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Develops specifications base on testing requirements for new equipment or applications under development by HORIBA. This may include conceptual design, detailed product design, verification and validation test plans.
- Must be able to apply standards such as NEC, UL, IEC, IEEE, NFPA and OSHA to product and system design.
- Develop electrical designs to support new projects. Ensuring one line diagrams, control schematic layouts and panel layouts are created according to recognized standards.
- Standardizes product drawings to match HORIBA worldwide products and facilitates consistency in design philosophy and material.
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical. Knowledge of adjustable speed drive systems. Including the ability to properly size and select major system components while ensuring their full compatibility (e.g. understanding power distribution systems, one line diagrams and major power system components).
- Design/Analysis including knowledge of power system per unit analysis method, short circuit current analysis, power quality analysis, arc flash calculations.
- Background in controls theory, PLC experience, E-Plan, and experience with HORIBAs ERP system (SAP) preferred
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email email@example.com or call (248)925-1012 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.