Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer in the oil and gas, downstream & chemicals industry. This professional will work in Houston .
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Functions in a primary design role, providing drawing and deliverable development to accomplish overall project objectives
- Performs tasks with competency and extensive knowledge of standard techniques, procedures and design criteria. Maintaining Budget, Schedule and adherence to the project scope of work
- Create CADD designs/drawings from Engineering and Design sketches, mark-ups, go-bys and verbal instruction. Coordinate with other discipline designers to ensure verbally received information is communicated and clearly understood
- Develop complete drawing and deliverable packages on each electrical system including One-Line Diagrams, Control Schematics, Interconnect Wiring Diagrams, Plans, Details, Cable Schedules and Various spreadsheets
- Assure drawings are compatible and aligned with project and client requirements
- Apply working knowledge of applicable electrical codes and regulations including NEC, API, IEC, etc.
- Participate in all available technical training while continuously improving technical skill sets
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate to possess:
- 2 year Associate's Degree or combination of experience and coursework in Electrical Power or related discipline
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required; CADWorx, E3D or S3D is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- The ability to participate in occasional field visits, climbing stairs, gathering information, measuring, marking up existing drawings
- Strong ethical standards. High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative. Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Accountability for results. Adaptability and flexibility to the changing needs of projects
- Experience being a team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Ability to interface collaboratively with a Project Manager
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.