Regional Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager - Idaho and California
NxEdge is a world class company providing vertically integrated solution to the Semiconductor market. Our expertise in Engineering Material Coatings (EMC) allows global leading chip manufacturers and OEM equipment makers to achieve next generation technologies. We are seeking a driven, hands on Regional EHS Manager responsible for the environmental, health, and safety performance at all NxEdge operations located in the Idaho and California to create an injury-free and environmentally sustainable workplace.
The EHS Manager cares deeply about people and is absolute and clear on how they represent safety. The manager actively seeks and learns more about the company's safety approach and is internally driven to innovate and provide greater service to others on safety. The pace of progress in establishing the safety culture of the regional customers' operations will be influenced by the advocacy of the manager.
- Deeply understand the Company's Safety Approach and how to implement in a variety of operations
- Responsible, along with site leadership, for EHS performance across the Region, including driving to zero injuries
- Oversight and optimization of Company's Safety Approach
- Support operations leadership in identifying priorities, objectives, and targets to align with operations strategies and in developing a strong safety culture at each of our locations
- Provide leadership around the management of hazardous materials in particular as it relates to our anodizing and plating operations. Responsible for working with operations to ensure safe handling, labeling, storage and disposal of all hazardous materials as well as the chain of custody/manifest record keeping associated
- Assist in identifying regional EHS training needs and developing and assisting in implementing training initiatives
- Responsible to maintain EHS records and data, perform analysis and implement corrective actions as needed. Maintains corporate OSHA occupational injury/illness records and makes determination of OSHA recordability for 500+ employee workplace establishments
- Responsible to maintain CUPA CalARP programs for the applicable facilities
- Responsible for EH&S audit with local or federal authorities
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Serve as key contact for Worker's Compensation case management and reporting
- Develop and assist in implementation of programs and practices that diminish hazards and create a safe work environment
- Regular communication, coordinated with EHS Corporate Directors and regional operations leadership to take a proactive stance to progress toward completion of prioritized safety, health, and environmental action items
- Verify and ensure all required environmental permits are maintained up to date and reports submitted on timely basis
- Conduct internal audits to ensure integrity of EHS data and permits
- Facilitate leadership's understanding of the impact of regulations on the businesses, and their understanding of their responsibility to know and follow the applicable regulations
- Partner with other EHS leaders to leverage global EHS best practices
- Modification to the EHS systems to achieve performance
- Drive sharing of information by assisting in analyzing events and communicating results throughout the region
- Proactively seeks opportunities to advance knowledge and experience.
- Effectively coaches others at their respective levels to continuously strive to increase their knowledge
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:Core Competencies
- Experience as a recognized safety advocate on an emotional level to allow you to personally influence other people in the organization
- 4-year Degree in EHS field or engineering related
- Familiarity and ability to reinterpret standards/regulations
- EHS Certification(s) Preferred (CSP, CIH, CHMM)
- Working knowledge of Cal/OSHA and CalEPA
- 5+ years of experience in managing safety, health, and environmental programs within the semiconductor market
- Technical competence in environmental compliance and best practices
- Travel (Up to 30%)
- Priority setting - able to effectively direct the activities of others including establishing expectations, removing barriers, and managing performance
- Comfort around leadership - able to influence others without formal authority including comfort with senior leadership
- Managing peer relationships - able to work collaboratively with others and accomplish objectives
- Influencing others - able to work effectively through others where there is no reporting relationship
- Strategic agility - able to think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long-lasting results.
- Action oriented - high level of energy and able to help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment
- Approachability- able to present well and establish credibility
- Drive for results - action oriented and able to produce results utilizing matrixed relationships throughout the organization
NxEdge is an advanced manufacturing, cleaning, coating, and refurbishment business focused on the semiconductor value chain, serving customers from 3 facilities in Boise, ID and 3 in northern California. NxEdge is a newly acquired addition to Enpro's high-growth Advanced Surface Technologies segment, which is made up of businesses that utilize proprietary technologies, processes, and capabilities with highly differentiated services and products to serve the most challenging applications for semiconductor equipment, specialized optical filters, and thin-film coatings.
NxEdge, an Enpro company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law."