Merakey is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Thibodaux, LA location.
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Rate of pay: $21.62 /hour + $6,750 Annual Travel Stipend $18.00 (Counselor In Training) +$6,750 Annual Travel StipendABOUT MERAKEY
- Substance Abuse Specialists are an essential part of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team. The multidisciplinary team provides evidenced based services to members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- The SAS provides individual substance abuse therapy and facilitates substance use disorder groups to consumers in service.
- The SAS creates the person-centered treatment plan, review and change the individual crisis plan as required, and complete annual substance use assessment.
- SAS should be able to meet the client where they are in treatment and utilize motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction techniques when working with members.
- The SAS must maintain thorough and timely clinical documentation such as:
progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, and interpretative summaries.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve. Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
APPLY TODAYCheck us out online at http://www.merakey.org.Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program Qualifications
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at ALaskosky@merakey.org Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or other human service related field
This job has expired.
- Must be LAC (Licensed Addiction Counselor), CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor), PLPC (Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor) or LMSW (Licensed Master of Social Work) or Counselor In Training (CIT)
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system
- Valid Louisiana driver's license
- Appropriate state and federal clearances