Merakey is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Hammond, LA location.
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Rate of pay: $21.62 /hour + $6,750 Annual Travel Stipend $18.00 (Counselor In Training) +$6,750 Annual Travel StipendABOUT MERAKEY
- Substance Abuse Specialists are an essential part of the Assertive Community
Treatment (ACT) Team. The multidisciplinary team provides evidenced based services to members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- The SAS provides individual substance abuse therapy and facilitates substance use disorder groups to consumers in service.
- The SAS creates the person-centered treatment plan, review and change
the individual crisis plan as required, and complete annual substance use assessment.
- SAS should be able to meet the client where they are in treatment and
utilize motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction techniques
when working with members.
- The SAS must maintain thorough and timely clinical documentation such as: progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, and interpretative summaries.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit
provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to
helping people...one individual at a time.WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
APPLY TODAYCheck us out online at http://www.merakey.org.Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program Qualifications
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Antigone.Chafford@merakey.org.Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!Requirements
Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or other human service related field
Must be LAC (Licensed Addiction Counselor), CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor), PLPC (Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor) or LMSW (Licensed Master of Social Work) or Counselor In Training (CIT)
Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system
Valid Louisiana driver's license
Appropriate state and federal clearances.