What you'll do at
As a member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for repairs and preventative maintenance on Distribution Center equipment and the building. This role will Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
- General Maintenance Associate
- Maintenance Technician
- Multi Skilled Technician
- Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Maintenance Planner
Your attention to detail and focus on safety will be critical in these roles. Duties and Responsibilities Maintenance Operations
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on material handling and building equipment in safe and efficient manner.
- Utilizes established PM and repair policies and procedures to return equipment to fully operational status
- Read and understand technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) to repair/maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Work as a team member with operations and other technicians to support the facility in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to understand workload and record actions (e.g., workorders, asset/labor history, inventory usage)
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., customers, suppliers, associates).
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Daily perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
#supplychainjobs Minimum QualificationsMaintenance technician
positions will require specific qualifications to be met in order to compete for these position. Minimum requirement examples are:
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment) OR 3 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment).
This job has expired.
- 1 year experience in industrial refrigeration (e.g. valve rebuilds, working with refrigeration systems); OR 1 year experience with HVAC
- Will obtain the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) and Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certifications within 30 months of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position
- 1 year experience with ammonia refrigeration
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+