Reporting to the Sr Director of Global Supply Chain Performance Excellence, the Director of Supply Chain Excellence seeks to implement an approach to the Global Supply Chain that emphasizes continuous improvement across all aspects of the supply chain (e.g. Plan, Source, Make, Deliver), value chain, and within all business processes to meet organizational strategic objectives and goals, while enabling a culture of committed leadership and a collaborative workforce. Furthermore, this vital role is responsible for risk management and continuous monitoring, quantifying, prioritizing, and mitigating top risks.
Here's What You'll Do:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Accountability to establish and sustain the Global Supply Chain Excellence and Risk Management program, including governance, framework, and business processes to meet organizational strategic and operational goals
- Engage our staff to continuously improve global and end-to-end supply chain networks ecosystems, including but not limited to the areas of Plan-Source-Make-Deliver, inventory management, and seasonal demand planning to achieve an effective-agile-responsive global supply chain
- Enable the risk management program, specifically the methodology of identifying and quantifying top risks, and proposing cost-effective and sustainable mitigation plans to achieve a robust global supply chain
- Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects, including the development and control of effective timelines, deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Actively apply change management, program risk, and resource management
- Breaking down complex issues into simple blocks for presentation to executive management and enabling prompt and actionable decision-making
- Close collaboration with Moderna's CMC leadership, cross-functional teams, and key external stakeholders
- Development and delivery of reports, presentations, or recommendations to an executive audience
- Serving as a Global Supply Chain resource for special projects and initiatives
- Working under minimal supervision in line with Moderna Values and Mindsets
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Education: University degree in technology, engineering, or management/business administration/economics
- Experience: 15+ years (BA/BS) or 10+ years (MS) in various Supply Chain, Project Management, and Manufacturing functions (strong preference towards Pharmaceutical and Biotech experience)
- Demonstrated experience in deployment of ERP systems with emphasis in the Warehouse, Inventory Management, Contract Manufacturing and Material Planning and Manufacturing execution and logistics.
- Proven ability to navigate a matrix organization structure to influence without direct reporting relationships
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) to collaborate with senior Management in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment - you are outgoing, communicative, and seek to build relationships on a daily basis
- Well organized - a natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- You drive for results - you set a high bar for yourself and others. You love what you do, and it shows
- Good presentation and preparation skills to visualize complex content in an easy to view manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A curious mindset that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.