Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission ofmaking our world more productiveevery day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
The Director of Operations Engineering - B&O will be responsible for Process, Controls, Quality Assurance/Fillzone, Operations Engineering, and Customer Service Engineering. The role will work closely with other groups and will lead programs through development to execution. Close interaction with Corporate IT, Engineering, and other corporate and regional businesses is expected. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team capable of making technical decisions based on full awareness of viability, cost and other benefits. This person will report to VP of Linde Gases US Operations.
- Provide technical guidance for safe operations of Air Separation Units (ASU) and Liquid Hydrogen (LH2) plants.
- Provide start-up and PHA support along with troubleshooting, and efficiency and productivity solutions.
- Provides resources to ensure standardized work processes across all operating entities, development of standard operating and maintenance procedures, maintenance of regulatory compliance, training, diversity and bench programs for operations, automation and technology leveraging.
- Participate in defining engineering approaches and in planning, prioritizing and scheduling work.
- Provides technical support for control systems, HMI and iHistorian.
- Manage operations network infrastructure and cyber-security, in addition to collaborating with corporate groups.
- Design and project management of smal to moderate
- Manage customer service call center as well as provide technical support to Service Centers.
- Interface with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Manage and develop junior managers
- Implement and maintain control system standards, policies procedures and best practices in support of business needs.
- Manage programs within assigned budget and continuously strengthen group through staffing, assignments, training, and succession planning.
- Manage a balanced portfolio of ACS projects, and encourage collaboration across functional areas.
- Implement ACS standard technology solutions for new and existing plant designs. Provide operations feedback to ACS Community of Practice (CoP) to improve existing and new standard ACS designs.
- Assist with Control System Upgrades (CSUs). This includes: approval of the control strategy, architecture, hardware and software.
- Facilitate team meetings and decisions; provides technical direction to team members.
- Keep current with state-of-the-art tools, design practices and concepts.
- Provide support to regional operations with respect to control systems, security, and standards.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in plant operations and engineering in the chemical process industry.
- Cost Management and Capital Management experience
- Understanding of process safety management.
- Demonstrated experience using process simulation software.
- Advanced level PC usage skills (spreadsheets, data analysis software).
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical management.
- Leadership skills: time management, planning, priority setting
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to build relationships and successfully interact within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated controls experience. HMI or iHistorian experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% and provide occasional after-hours support as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.