Director of Acoustical Engineering If you are a Director of Acoustical Engineering with experience, please read on!
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN-OFFICE, IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE.
What You Will Be Doing THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN-OFFICE, IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Director of Acoustical Engineering with a passion for audio to support our commercial and consumer divisions. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidates must also be self-motivated, able to multi-task, work efficiently, and effectively lead the Acoustical Teams.
- Lead acoustical development team to develop, document, and maintain products.
- Participate actively in the acoustical development process to drive on-time release date commitments.
- Responsible for overall acoustical architecture.
- Assist acoustical development team in attaining optimal team performance by removing technical obstacles.
- Develop and manage Acoustical Engineering designs utilizing standard development tools.
- Work effectively with Product Managers and Project Managers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
- Stimulate hiring, career plans, training as well as performance reviews for the Acoustical Engineering team.
- Review all documents related to Product requirements and participate in product brainstorming sessions.
- Responsible to analyze, design, develop and support all acoustical products.
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development, and team building.
- Build lean, technically strong, accountable, fearless, high-performing teams that can collaborate and challenge each other to produce the best outcome.
- Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan for acoustical development.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development team.
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities, and personal development for all development staff in line with anticipated growth.
- Ensure proper maintenance and provisioning of the acoustical lab and equipment.
- Manage all Acoustical Engineering budget and resource allocation.
- Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training.
Bachelors Degree in Acoustical Engineering or STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or Master's in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in leading engineering teams, solving complex problems in enterprise offerings, analyzing challenges, and establishing strategies and processes for resolutions
- 10+ years of experience leading senior professionals, including managers and architects
- 10+ years of experience with commercial and/or pro audio products
- Experience with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) tuning preferred
- Experience with APQP development preferred
- Proficient with all MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD is a plus
- Proficient understanding of MLSSA, LEAP, LMS, EASRA, TEF, Audio Precision Software, and Klippel
- Proficient experience of vibration theory, structural mechanics, and failure analysis of materials
- Proficient experience of materials used in audio manufacturing
- Willing to travel on a periodic basis internationally
- Extensive experience with acoustics, noise control, and acoustical modeling
- Requires advanced skill with hand-tool utilization including wrenches, screw drivers, drills, and metal shears
- Proficient experience with calibrated measuring devices including vernier caliper, micrometers and electronic multimeters
What You Need for this Position - Acoustical Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Director Acoustical Engineering
- SolidWorks 3D CAD
What's In It for You Salary: $120K-$160K
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation/ PTO
And much more
So, if you are a Director of Acoustical Engineering with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.