What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
The Director of Merchandising Strategy & Operations provides ongoing strategic support for the VP, DMM Adult Beverage & Tobacco. This role will oversee and advance key strategic, process improvement, and tactical initiatives for the Adult Beverage & Tobacco division. As well as gain exposure to core Merchandising work scope.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have the experiences and skill sets outlined below...
- Strategic initiatives include among others- omnichannel, omni education, macro space, automation/digitization/systems enablement initiatives, Marketing, better buying, licensing expansion, legislation and legal, regeneration, change management, and misc process improvement special projects.
- The role will lead miscellaneous tactical initiatives as advised by the DMM.
- This role will support the Tobacco Sr. Merchant/business and serve as a backup lead behind the Sr. Merchant overseeing day to day operations, price increase support, and pricing intelligence/operations.
- This role will oversee our Puerto Rico Adult Beverage business and serve as the leader of our PR Senior Manager I, Merch Ops Associate...this will not entail P&L ownership as that resides with the mainland Merchants. Merch Ops scope includes: core Merchandising oversight, Marketing, Supply Planning, Pricing, Operations, Logistics, emergency responses.
You'll make an impact by...
- Strategic planning for Adult Beverage & Tobacco Division
- White space analysis and assessment, thrives in ambiguity. Critical thinking (problem solving, creating plans).
- Adept at independently influencing key cross-functional stakeholders at all levels.
- Adept at managing immense complexity (ie legal/regulatory, supply base fragmentation, process flow mapping, financial, large/fluid data sets, product/tech, etc).
- Financial acumen: P&L, CAPEX, business case formulation.
- Project Management.
- Adept at pivoting between high level strategy, low level tactical details.
- Leading and implementing key strategic initiatives that provide Sam's Club with a competitive advantage in the Adult Beverage and Tobacco space.
- Lead change management initiatives that transform the way we work.
- Implement digitization that will enable more efficient and effective ways of working.
- Implement new processes and process improvements that will result in positive tangible business outcomes.
- Leading tactical initiatives that will help us realize our short-term business objectives.
- Executing Tobacco Merchandising and Pricing functions that will help us realize our short-term business objectives.
- Leading the Puerto Rico business, and helping us realize our short-term business objectives, and longer term strategic objectives in this space.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 4 years' experience in business, merchandising, retail strategy, or related field OR 6 years' experience in business, merchandising, retail strategy, or related field. 3 years' experience leading a cross-functional team.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Analysis and Insights, Merchandising, Project Management, Supervising Associates
Masters: Business AdministrationPrimary Location...
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. " - Scott, Senior ManagerHello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.