Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Director of Manufacturing Operations, who will lead our largest liquid bottling manufacturing plant located in Marysville, OH. This facility is one of our highest profile plants in the Scotts organization and is located on the Corporate Campus.
If you're a visionary, thrive off of making things better, and find joy in leading people, then you will fit in well as the Director to oversee our flagship liquids manufacturing. On a day-to-day basis you will manage all aspects of the plant and will be expected to take our already prominent granular fertilizer manufacturing site to the next level.
What you'll do in this role:
- Oversee plant operations including production, packaging, engineering, continuous improvement, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, and receiving.
- Directly lead a team of 20 salaried and 350-400 hourly and seasonal associates, with a dotted line responsibility for Quality, EH&S, and Finance.
- Establish short and long-term strategic operating objectives that drive margin improvements.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives to drive value and improve the bottom line.
- Develop operating budgets, capital plans, and cash flow budgets that support company initiatives.
- Ensure company safety programs are best-in-class and part of the Scotts culture.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in new product development and promotional strategies.
- Track and improve key performance areas such as safety, quality, financial, and customer service.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations: participate in community activities and organizations to promote good will and a positive company image.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree focused in Engineering (highly preferred), Supply Chain, Manufacturing or other related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years overall manufacturing experience with a focus on budgetary, capital planning, P&L responsibilities, continuous improvement, purchasing, distribution, associate development, and safety.
- Experience managing a large production facility with hundreds of direct or indirect reports.
- A track record of developing long term strategic initiatives across multiple business functions.
- Political savviness and the ability to interact with associates ranging from an hourly operator all the way up to the CEO.
- Exceptional communication skills and a passion for leading people.
- Personal drive, and focus on continuous improvement.
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.