Director, K-12 Math
Start Date: Oct 2, 2023
Salary: $100K -$125K annually
Position Vacancy - Director, K-12 Math at Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center)
Summary Position: Bank Street Education Center (the Ed Center), a division within Bank Street College of Education (the College) created to support Bank Street's work with school districts, is currently seeking a Director to lead a project within the K-12 math project portfolio. The Director, K-12 Math will oversee the project team and related project workstreams, with direct supervision and support from the Executive Director, K-12 Math.
Key relationships: The Director, K-12 Math will report directly to the Executive Director, K-12 Math and work closely with Ed Center and project leaders. The Director, K-12 Math will directly supervise project team members and will maintain relationships with related project consultants and partners.
In collaboration with their supervisor and Ed Center leaders, the Director, K-12 Math will be responsible for thefollowing tasks:
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of project strands (including content development, session facilitation, strategic planning, analytics, and project management).
- Designing and facilitating professional learning arcs and session outlines for project sessions aligned to the Ed Center's content development process.
- Maintaining strategic planning conversations with project partners including step-back meetings and reflections, in order to regularly monitor project progress and identify adjustments accordingly.
- Leading facilitator preparation meetings prior to sessions as well as debrief reflection conversations following a session, and identifying implications for future engagements.
- Managing external communications with project partners as well as internal communications within project team, the K-12 Math team and Ed Center.
- Directly supervising and developing project team members via goal-setting cycles and reflection conversations aligned to the Ed Center approach.
- Managing project milestones, escalating and updating tasks and responsibilities as needed;
- Collaborating with the project analyst to develop a measurement and evaluation plan, collect and track data and reflecting on this information to debrief learnings and surface implications on the project with the project team, partners, and Ed Center leaders.
- Performing related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to design and manage complex and multiple projects
- Strong kindergarten to grade 12 math content knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent facilitation skills to lead workshops and group discussions, especially with participants of diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Strong communications skills (email, writing, in-person)
- Background in math curriculum, instruction, and professional development and assessment
- Background in progressive teaching and learning, as well as curriculum, instruction, professional development, coaching, and assessment
- Previous management experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with educators, district teams, consultants, and vendors
- Demonstrated Google suite, PowerPoint, Excel, project management, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated learning stance
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with experienced educators and district teams
- An intersectional, anti-racist lens and strengths-based approach to racial equity and identity work, team collaboration, and leadership
- A culturally responsive perspective to child and adult development and Learning
- A reflective learner's stance while leading
- M.A degree in education or related field
- Experience designing and facilitating professional learning sessions
- Ability to manage complex and multiple projects
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Work with diverse and/or high-need student populations at the classroom- or school- levels
- Strong team leadership experience, with a proven ability to build capacity in others
$100,000 - $125,000 Additional Information:
- This position is contingent upon available funding.
- Please apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume for the position in the "Job Opportunities" section
under the "About" tab on Bank Street's website:
- Please address cover letters to:
Vice President, Bank Street Education Center
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- Please include where you came across this job posting in your cover letter.
BANK STREET COLLEGE OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT
DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS
EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND OTHER COLLEGE ADMINISTERED PROGRAMS.Notice to Applicant: COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
We appreciate your interest in employment at Bank Street College of Education. We would like to note that the College has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
For additional information regarding our policy on the COVID-19 vaccination, click .
This job has expired.