About the Team
Item Cloud is dedicated to transforming the speed, scale, and cost of assessment development and item pretesting at College Board. The product side of Item Cloud is organized within Learning & Assessment while the engineering side sits under Technology. Through our innovative software applications, we are proud to facilitate high-quality item generation for the Digital SAT Suite as well as the AP Program in service of our mission. We collaborate closely with AD&D, AP, CRA, Digital Delivery, and Psychometrics to help ensure that our tests meet rigorous internal and industry standards, allow students to effectively demonstrate their skills and knowledge, and is accepted by HED and K12 for their intended uses.
About the Opportunity
As our Director, Item Cloud Digital Product Owner for Project Manifold, you're a key driver to how we increase the scale, efficiency, and quality of assessment development for the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9 math tests. You're also a thought leader on assessment design and development innovation for other programs. Finally, you're a strong day-to-day partner for colleagues from different parts of our organization, particularly AD&D, Digital Delivery, Item Cloud Engineering, and Psychometrics, and play an important role in ensuring tight coordination and alignment across these teams as we progress towards our ambitious goals. When our users are delighted with how they're able to author, review, and publish items, it's because of the excellent work you've delivered.
In this role, you will:
Strategy and Planning (60%)
- Develop and manage product vision, product roadmap, and prioritized backlogs, based on, based on long- and short-term product goals and organizational priorities and with input from AD&D and Item Cloud Engineering
- Collaborate with Item Cloud Scrum Master and Technical Lead to develop goals and slate stories for each sprint based on our priorities and capacity
- Document clear and comprehensive requirements and acceptance criteria for stories in advance of grooming sessions
- Participate in all sprint rituals, including daily standup, backlog grooming, pre-grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos, and sprint retro
Testing and Delivery (20%)
- Validate stories from current sprint based on the stated acceptance criteria
- Facilitate the implementation of new features via timely releases that deliver continuous value to our users
User research (10%)
- Collaborate with team members and others in AD&D on user interviews, focus groups, usability tests, etc. to help shape the design and development of new features or inform the efficacy of existing features
- Collaborate with team members and others in AD&D to gather and monitor data on usage and behaviors to inform the prioritization of new features
- Report up and across on initiative health and risks, triaging issues when needed, and developing a regular cadence of communications with our stakeholders and users
- 2+ years relevant experience as a Product Owner of digital product(s) in the EdTech space
- Some background in math (e.g., have studied math, taught math, and/or developed math content) preferred
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Deep familiarity with Agile practices, including managing product roadmaps and backlogs and collaborating with engineering and design teams
- Strong experience defining user needs and documenting right-sized and clear product requirements
- Strong experience with a variety of tools and techniques to aid in the sequencing and breakdown of large chunks of work
- Strong experience with distilling data from survey research, usability testing, etc. to yield insight and drive decision making
About College Board
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitating meetings and presenting remotely and in-person
- Proven ability to complete complex tasks on short deadlines and in a fast-past environment
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others to action
College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Founded in 1900, College Board was created to expand access to higher education. Today, the membership association is made up of over 6,000 of the world's leading educational institutions and is dedicated to promoting excellence and equity in education. Each year, College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success-including the SAT®, the Advanced Placement® Program, and BigFuture®. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators, and schools.About Our Benefits and Compensation
College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education.
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more.
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions.
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $100,000 to $135,000. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications.
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external benchmarking and adjusting for the candidate's location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!About Our Culture
Our community matters, and we strive to practice and improve our culture daily. Here are some headlines:
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.
- We welcome staff to join any or all six of our affinity groups: ARISE (Alliance for Asian Retention, Inclusion, Success, and Engagement; DIASPORA (Alliance for Pan-African Success and Achievement); Pride (alliance for LGBTQ+ staff and allies); Resilience (alliance for Native staff and advocates); SALSA (Staff Alliance for Latinx Success and Achievement); and WIN (Women's Impact Network).
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
- We know that our impact is strongest together. Our College Board Cares program offers all staff up to $1,000 annual match against partner non-profit organizations.
- We offer a transparent approach to promotions and merit raises, annual performance-based bonuses, and how to grow your career here over time.
This job has expired.