Learning and growing with NPD
Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics, The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world's most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
With over 50 years of innovation in market and consumer measurement, NPD is a world leader in retail sales reporting and analysis. More than 2,000 clients rely on NPD products to drive business decisions in over 20 industries and 19 countries around the globe.
NPD has always evolved with, and in anticipation of, changes in the retail landscape. Providing our clients with deeper insight across and within retail channels such as direct-to-consumer (DTC) and e-commerce, and the intelligence they need to drive successful pricing and promotion strategies, are top priorities on our product roadmap.
In this role, you will join a highly focused retail product team that is helping NPD Group evolve its next generation of products covering the digital and direct-to-consumer retail universe. Your role on this team will be critical to how NPD Group's Product and Commercial teams design, implement, and sell data that provides our customers with insight into e-commerce and DTC channels.
You will be focused on developing, managing, and communicating several strategies around our evolving DTC and e-commerce product set:
- Developing and managing policies, pricing, and opportunities for new e-commerce and DTC channel views in multiple industries
- Leading strategies for specific clients around DTC data sharing
- Developing strategies for managing reporting on hybrid models such as buy-online-pick-up-in-store
- Uncovering client needs for understanding digital and direct channels that can become opportunities for NPD
- Developing new product offerings (using both POS and alternative data) for reporting on DTC and e-commerce retail performance
The successful candidate for this role will bring deep analytical and strategic experience - ideally either through a management consulting or product strategy background - as well as familiarity with DTC and e-commerce businesses. This role is highly collaborative; the strategies you develop and implement will be in partnership with Product and Commercial leaders across NPD's various industry practices. You should be able to demonstrate experience working in a collaborative environment offering strategic support across multiple business functions.Responsibilities:
- Work with other Global Product Management team members to lead strategy for incorporating DTC and e-commerce tracking into existing product lines
- Develop product sales policies, product pricing, financial analyses and business models demonstrating strategic foresight and added value for both customers and NPD Group
- Work collaboratively with our Global Product Platforms team on roadmaps and execution of new e-commerce and DTC channel reporting
- Uncover new audiences and define needs for new products and expansion opportunities with e-commerce and DTC data products
- Manage the development of ideas, proposals and protypes for new data products for e-commerce and DTC
- Work with NPD Product and Commercial teams on DTC strategic account strategies and needs
- Support the development of specific account proposals for DTC data sharing
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- 6+ years in a management consulting or product strategy role
- Experience with e-commerce and DTC channels and strategies
- Experience with software product management, agile methodologies, and new software or data product development is highly desired
- Ideally 3+ years in either an e-commerce or DTC business unit, working with market research and market tracking data
- Strong client presence
- Strong collaborator able to work with multiple team members
- Passionately curious, lifelong learner
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- Razor-sharp written and oral communication skills
- Global experience is a plus
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.