At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Director Design Operations will report to the Senior Director Brand and Creative. The Brand and Creative organization sits within the Global Corporate Marketing organization and consists of seven functional teams including Brand Strategy, Content, Design, Media Production, Web, Social Media, and Project Management supporting the global business.
What you’ll do
- Provide project management leadership and operational support throughout the Brand and Creative organization and across partner teams by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining the design process, and driving operational excellence
- Lead the organization through a comprehensive change management effort to adopt Agile methods in support of end-to-end project delivery
- Manage the quality and compliance documentation needs in alignment with regulatory requirements
- Support the growth and development of an inclusive, supportive, and high-performance team culture where creativity, quality, and business impact are aligned
How the team works together
- Directly manage a team of Creative Producers and Project Managers supporting the transition to Agile project management within the Brand and Creative organization
- Manage business operations of the Brand and Creative organization including budgeting, hiring, career development, external agency business relationships, legal contracts, and billing
- Establish best practices for hiring and onboarding team members
- Promote diversity and inclusion within the day-to-day processes and people operations of the team
How the teams get work done
- Manage requirements for consistent tooling, workflow, and process improvements across Brand and Creative teams in alignment with Marketing Operations and IT stakeholders
- Capture user stories to ensure tooling, workflow and process create efficiencies for end users and are broadly adopted
- Lead prioritization, project refinement, backlog grooming, estimation, capacity planning, and allocation of resources for projects
- Develop a deep understanding of the corporate policies and operating procedures
- Communicate status; champion consistent reporting on program and project metrics using a data-driven approach
- Manage standards, principles, processes, and toolsets for producing work efficiently at scale
- Centralize resources and assets for ease of access and managing communication consistently within existing and future digital asset management and content management systems
How the teams deliver impact
- Lead and manage the performance narrative of how the team delivers impact across the business using consistent metrics, highlighting successes, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Evangelize organizational improvements and successes while building strong cross-functional relationships where process dependencies exist
- Support quarterly and annual organizational goal setting and reporting in alignment with larger Corporate Marketing planning processes
- Document success stories, create playbooks, and author educational content to further understanding of the team’s impact on business growth and capability expansion
- Minimum of 12+ years of relevant professional experience, project/program management of design deliverables and operations management ideally split between both agency and in-house enterprise teams
- Minimum of 7+ years as a people leader/team manager
- PMP or related certification preferred
- Experience leading and supporting high-performance, collaborative, project teams in a global corporation; expertise in design development processes across software products, brand, and marketing programs
- Ability to lead both with and without formal responsibility
- Familiarity with design systems, brand guidelines, design process management, and co-creation tools
- Have built and led design operations teams and programs at scale
- Great verbal and written communication ability at various levels—able to influence up and down within an organization
- Travel up to 10% time
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements:Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.